Tuesday, 21 July 2009

Baby Shower



I had my baby shower thrown for me by miss Abbey on Sunday. 15 people showed up which is great and we had some games, snacks, drinks...

It was a great turnout. With all the gifts I can start decorating a nursery for the little bub and Im really excited about it. Getting all this baby stuff makes it really start to sink in that Im gonna have a baby in 4-6 weeks!

Crazy but so exciting.

We also borrowed wet-haired girls gazebo for the occasion and spent a frustrating 2 hours on Sat morning with Nick trying to set it up with no instructions and not even a picture. I figured it out in the end. Emphasis on I! Nick almost gave up 3x leaving to a) google it, b) call Des or c) get Richard over (wet-haired girls boyfriend) to help.

I was quite enjoying figuring it out. I wouldve done it by myself but being 8 mths pregnant and all...Im a bit restricted to doing things on my own which I find a bit frustrating. But we got it up in the end and it didnt even end up raining but we fit 16 people under it easily.




So we have taken this week off of work and we are down at Nicks Dad's in Bournemouth for a couple of days. We brought our bikes but he doesnt want me riding it in case I fall off. I guess it is a bit more risky but I hate being told what to do!

Also, very painful kicks from the karate kid. It felt like he was trying to turn sideways or completely right side up. Very painful and driving for 2 1/2 didnt help with that going on. Im sure he/she is still head down position but the belly is getting pretty big and I cant feel every little bone wherever he wants to jab me with it.

I should be greatful and feel reassured from every little movement so I will concentrate on that for now.

(These are baby prezzies)

No comments: