I have just taken forgetfulness to a whole other level!
I had a GP app in the afternoon yesterday but the midwife forgot to give me a vile to do a urine sample in last time.
So I loaded up on water in the morning, my usual intake nowadays - chug-a-lug!, went pee (wee) just before 2 at work. Caught the train at 2:30 and got to my app 10 min early about to bust my bladder. I had to wait in line (the queue) to ask reception for a vile for a sample and I told her it was an ante-natal one when she asked which one.
She hands it to me, I go to the washroom (loo/toilet), sit down, and while Im peeing, Im staring at the vile which had a red label and some type of powder coating the inside of it and Im thinking its not the right one. (I didn’t even know there was different ones.)
Am I forgetting something?
Ive already finished peeing and realized I haven’t caught any in the vile! Which I had a feeling (niggle) that it wasn’t the right one anyway but even if it was....I forgot to get a sample!
How do you forget something like that!?
I had been painfully saving up for over an hour (this is a long time when your pregnant) and it was all for nothing!
I had to wait another 20 min to get called in and when I did (different GP this time and soooooo nice!) I told her what happened and that maybe I could try to give her another one. She laughed, thankfully, and said that was pregnancy for you!
At least she was understanding and said because everything else looked fine she would skip the sample today.
Phew. So no need to panic.
Anyway, was tired yesterday coz sleeping has been slightly uncomfortable lately as Ive been waking up with painful hips! Even with my memory foam mattress which means Im screwed for the next 8 weeks!
So I went grocery shopping in spite of being tired and boy do I regret that!
Carrying heavy groceries even if it is only from the car to the house gives me lower achy abdomen for the rest of the night and into today. Very painful to walk and stand up.
I scarfed down an instant meal and went to my swim class where I was even more tired and could hardly do the exercises. Luckily we're all pregnant so most of us struggle even though they're pretty basic.
Went home and couldn’t keep my eyes open for the next 3 hours but waited for Nick until 10:30 to bring me some food coz I was so tired I couldn’t make myself anything from the kitchen and I was hungry.
Slept a bit better last night so don’t feel so tired (knackered) today.
I seriously have to start taking it more easy and not cram in more than 2 activites in 1 day.
PS GP said everything looked great and palpated my belly and babys head is down (where it should be) heartbeat was great and I measured bang on for my dates. Im so proud of him already. He's doing so well!
Hip pain is common in pregnancy, but it is often lumped in with pelvic pain as a whole. It is often worse at night in bed and might stop you getting a good night's sleep. During pregnancy your body releases hormones which relax your ligaments. These tough, flexible tissues connect your bones and support your joints. This relaxation happens almost from conception to prepare your body for labour. However, it can lead to some discomfort earlier in pregnancy, which may worsen as your baby grows. There are a number of simple remedies which you can try for yourself:
Sleep on your side with legs bent and a pillow between your knees supporting the whole length of your leg. This position will support all the joints around your pelvis and hips.
Place a pillow under your bump to stop you rolling forward.
Put an extra layer of padding, such as a sleeping bag or quilt, under your bottom sheet.
Apply gentle heat to your hips with a hot water bottle or wheat bag.
Resting regularly during the day will ease hip pain at night. You will probably find that your pain is worse if you have had a busy day. Try to spend time resting on an exercise or birthing ball or on your hands or knees. This takes the weight off your hips and gives them a rest.
1 comment:
YOU NEED TO TAKE IT EASY!!!
And hilarious about peeing while staring at the little cup that you should've been peeing IN! haha
love the english terms....
:-)
Post a Comment