Went crazy on ebay last week and on monday morning I had a visit from my friendly neighborhood postman with about 9 packages for moi.
Well, all for baby but very exciting for me.
* Raincover for stroller
* curtains for nursery
* Moses basket bedding set
* baby ear thermometer
* BabyGap - 100% Organic - Hooded Towel Blanket
* Baby (swaddling) blanket
* Bamboo hooded towel
* Baby sleeping bag
* Barnaby Bear changing mat, laundry bag, crib toy & crib bedding set
....etc
oh and
* electric toothbrush for Nick and a baby names book since we still havent found any boys names we both like!
So Ive calmed down a bit on the shopping end just after I bid on some sun blinds for the car windows.
I also probably had my last swim class on monday since the next 2 are cancelled and hopefully by then bubs will be here. Although I found this swim quite painful and I guess the stroll around the grocery store, setting up the changing table and doing 3 loads of laundry really took it out of me so I spent all day yesterday, today and probably the next 2 days watching Sex & the City season 5&6.
Lounging on the couch has done me good and the less I do, the less my hips/pelvis hurt at night.
Today I went to see the midwife (but it wasnt my regular midwife) and this one was so boring. Didnt ask me any questions about how I was getting on and even doubted my home birth preparations saying theres forms to fill out. What? Aylish never said anything about forms and Ive spoken to her in detail about having my baby at home.
Whatever.
She did palpate my tummy and baby is 3/5 engaged. She commented on how low baby actually was and said "not far to go now". I also mentioned the lighting sharp pains in my groin and she said it was normal and that it was my cervix stretching.
!!! Ouch.
Its only recently that Ive started thinking that it will be nice to not be pregnant anymore. Ive spoken to other girls at 35 weeks who say they are tired of being pregnant and cant wait for baby to come. So I think thinking this at almost 38 wks isnt to bad. Ive quite enjoyed being pregnant but every day now I become less and less mobile and I find it a bit frustrating.
The heat doesnt help. It was roasting today.
Mom & Mandy & Karis get here on monday morning so from next week onwards we'll be doing some baby therapy to encourage me to go into labour.
Super scary but very exciting.
I am feeling more ready now than ever. And Nick is getting paranoid about every ache and pain I have and keeps asking me if Im going to have the baby or if Im in labour. Although he did skip out and go to a Pearl Jam concert last night and didnt get home till 1am.
He was on call though so I let him off even though I would love to see Pearl Jam.
Off for some more S&C episodes.
No comments:
Post a Comment