Friday, 6 August 2010

Brits Abroad

Might I say that last night was the 1st night Iyla slept through without waking up once! 8pm-7am. Not only did she have a good sleep but that means I got 7 1/2 hours undisturbed sleep since the beginning of my pregnancy a year and half ago! Milestone indeed!

We just got back from our camp trip in France with Ray, Cara & Hendrix and I swear she went through another developmental stage.

Her two top teeth have cut through...on the camping trip...so we had a few sleepless nights. Never mind us all sharing the same tent...amazing holiday by the way. 2 weeks of outdoor France air. We were in the Liore Valley south west of Paris and the campsite was fantastic.

They supplied us with cots, beds, linen, towels, theres was a kitchen with a fridge and stove and pots, pans, plates & utensils, a charcoal BBQ, table & chairs...the lot.

The campsite had a restaurant with a bar & a pool so we basically went swimming every day...along with the naps and relaxing might I add.

Shes got to be an excellent swimmer as well and the handy floater Ray & Cara brought was perfect to float down this 'river'. Hands free for us and she loved watching the kids run around.

Hendrix who is 15 mths and running around, got into absolutely everything and Iyla sat back in amazement and I swear was banking in all the tricks for when she is able to walk. When we got back to the house she could all of a sudden open cupboard doors and crawl up the stairs and basically get into everything!!!


Nap times were a bit off. Thats her sleeping on Daddys back on the bike. Never mind her and Hendrix waking eachother up throughout the night and us running to them and soon as they made a peep. Sleep training, here we come.


So now were back and she seems so much older. Less babyish if that makes any sense. Im looking at her toys and she seemed to have grown out of them. Shes making new noises, reaching out to things with a purpose almost. Its as if shes no longer an infant and starting onto toddler hood!

So I went out and bought her a pair of cruiser shoes.

Measured and everything.

I think she quite likes them.
Now to start planning her 1st birthday.

Has it already been almost a year!?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Zoe!! She is getting so big!! And congrats on the sleeping all night deal!! Go Iyla! :) Looks like an amazing place to camp! Awesome pool! :) I can't believe they are going to be 1 in a couple weeks...craziness!! :)
Kris

GraceeJ said...

OH so nice to sleep through the night. Mine's not even out and I don't I think the last time I slept through the night was 3 months ago!
Yay baby Iyla!!!
Love the shoes and the sunflower photos!

Abby Hawkes said...

I love that sunflower photo, it's amazing! You definitly need to put it in a frame, it's gorgeous.

I have started my blog now and it's finally up to date. I will send you the link on email. I am so rubbish at blogging and it takes me ages to work out how to do stuff but I will get there. Such an awesome idea.

Looking forward catching up on Saturday x