Thursday, 28 May 2009

Clothes Dilemma

26 weeks today. Im coming up to the THIRD TRIMESTER! I cant even believe it. Now Im starting to get low on clothes. Mainly trousers, shorts & skirts. Mainly for work. So I did a closet clearout to help me stop wearing clothes that dont fit for the mere fact that I was wearing my size 10(UK) maternity trousers the other day and I have never felt more uncomfortable. Im sure baby would agree from the many kicks and punches I was getting right at the waistline all day. I couldnt wait to get home to rip them off!

Oh, and never wear them again to work.

So I went and bought lots of elastic waist skirts and shorts and went into H&M and grabbed a size 10. (Your meant to buy your size in mat clothes - point being maternity clothes...right?)

Well, H&M apparently do not follow these rules and although Ive put on 2 stone/24lbs you would never really guess by looking at me. Im sure its all baby fat. So a 10 did not fit, in fact the 10 did so not even fit over the lower part of my thighs! So I went up to a 12 and same again...

So I tried a 14... still no go

Then a 16!!!

My last resort was to buy a size 18 trouser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they are still a bit snug.

Let me just convert this to a Canadian size...Imagine being a size 8 @ 5'10in tall and going up to a size 16.

This is a ridiculous size and I feel like complaining to H&M for this. I know I need to buy a 12 instead of 10 sometimes but this is a load of jokes!

So I did end up stocking up on some nice summer clothes for our trip to GREECE next week and am wearing a pretty comfy versatile skirt today and am loving it!

I also got my letter from my GP saying it was A-OK for me to fly at 27 wks (airline rules) and I even got a cute little bikini to wear on the beach...and I wont forget the sunscreen.

We are also signed up to our ante-natal classes that start end of June so cant wait for that.

So I feel great and the kicks & punches are definitely getting stronger.

My pelvis/hips have also stopped hurting lately and now just working on a birth plan over the next 2 mths to go over it with my midwife (also got some good pointers from my sister about it).

Little Pebbles is getting so much stronger, Im already so proud of him/her!

1 comment:

me and m said...

WHAT??!! I can't believe that! You really should write H&M and complain. Are you sure they were maternity? Cuz that just seems weird.
How do they expect women to buy clothes?!!!