Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Baby's First Pool Swim

I went to my first ante-natal swim class yesterday.

I must say, it was amazing!

I had trouble getting there though.

First I drove up the wrong street and ended up going around the park instead of straight to it. (Its a massive park) Then I couldnt find the parking lot. Then I couldnt find the front doors to the building and ended up walking through the gym where they were filming! (I know, twighlight zone material) Then I walked straight into the pool area before I could even see where the change rooms were.

So I finally see a sign for reception so end up going through the out doors before going in. Believe me, the guy was more confused than I was from the way I came!

I eventually found the change room and then couldn’t find the pool! So I had to ask the lifeguard where the ante-natal was and even though he directed me to go back through the change rooms I still ended up wandering around what seemed like outside in my bathing suit and towel before I found some doors I peeked through and saw another pregnant lady walking around the pool!

Phew!

So I kinda sat on the bench with my towel around me coz even though there was only about 6
total the instructor wasnt there and I actually asked one of the girls if there was one! I was imagining all of us just swimming around the shallow pool for an hour with our pregnant bellies and paying loads for it.

Finally she turned up and we all got in the pool with the instructor giving us a little workout to do and it was so much fun! Even doing light exercise makes me realize how out of shape I am. I am so going every week.

I spoke to a few girls but maybe when I start seeing them week after week Ill feel a bit less shy.
So that was all good and we all dispersed separately and I walk out of the doors and I cant find the change room!! I couldn’t remember what door it was and there was no signs!

Am I a complete idiot or does everyone have this much trouble??? Can I even blame pregnancy brain on this one?

Anyway, made it out, home safe and was completely exhausted, went to bed at 10:30 and slept like a baby.

...when a baby sleeps for 8 hours and doesn’t wake up at all that is.

1 comment:

me and m said...

hahaha...hilarious!