Wednesday, 14 January 2009

Bike incident

Uh-oh. Had a little incident on the bike yesterday.

1st time riding my bike to work since Xmas/New Year. I had taken a break over the holidays and since finding out Im pregnant was even wondering if it was ok to ride a bike!

(FYI Of course it is.)

So anyway, Sunday, I started coming down with a sore throat. I still havent been sleeping well so maybe my immune system just gave up on me. I did manage to fight them off for the past 4 mths though. Monday, I feel like crap. I know the cold is coming and already Im getting stuffed up. But I really want to ride my bike in to work.

So I get up a couple of times in the night and when the alarm goes off at 6:30, I feel nervous about riding. I get up anyway, choke down a couple of bites of a muffin, go to take my TF and pre-natals and gag on them.

Not a good start.

The thing about this bike ride, on the way there, theres a huge hill that goes on forever as soon as I leave my house but then its all flat from there on. The way back, theres another huge hill near the end.

I hate these hills.

I dread these hills.

I was getting really good at them after a couple of go's but like I said, since I havent ridden in 5 wks, Im a little rusty.

So I start the hill. I need to stop half way up but I push myself so I can keep up with Nick.

I finally make it to the top and with a cold, being short of breath, the pregnancy, little sleep, I vomit. Still on my bike but leaning over slightly.

It was awful. I considered going back when I didnt think I was gonna stop puking but as I was so adamant about riding to work I pushed on.

I shouldnt have really since it took me a good 20 min to recover but I eventually made it to work (in good time too).

Today, Im home sick with a really bad cold.

But...the advantage to staying at home is we found a cot/crib that M&M kindly bought for us! Its perfect coz they can use it for Karis now as a cot and then of course we can use it in 9mths as a crib.

Ill post some pics once we get it set up. The woman dropped it off today for me.

Its so cute!

Now if I can muster up the energy to help M set it up.

Still feel pretty rubbish. Ill be 7 weeks tomorrow and were taking a trip to the clinic to make it all seem real!

1 comment:

GraceeJ said...

You have no idea how excited I am for you! You will be such an awesome mom Zoe!!! I can't wait to see this little one! I feel giddy :) :) :)