Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Detox

Well, I think this is actually starting to sink in.

I dont really feel any different except I am excruciatingly hungry. Even normally with my fast metabolism I must eat at least every 4 hours, so with this, Im eating every 2 hours! And drinking like a fish.

I dont feel that much more tired although I have just gone back to work.

I also bought some prenatal vitamins for a whopping £15! The guy there is really informative and said his wife took the same vitamins and since I am growing a person inside me, I better not cheap out.

We were meant to go to the clinic last night but our car wont start. Not sure why I wanted to go so bad. To confirm the pregnancy? To see what I needed to do now? I guess its really not that necessary. Especially with my sister around. The tiniest little cramp or anything I get to ask her and she tells me if its normal or not. I wont know what to do when shes gone! I guess thats what google is for.

Nick also told his Mom on Saturday. I think it was a bit of a reality check with him. He took her aside and told her he had something to tell her. She looked really concerned and for some reason he blurted out, "Im a homosexual."

She looked at him with a really concerned face and then he said, "Zoe's pregnant." I think it was a bit of a relief for her.

The nice think about her was she asked how I felt about it and how I was doing before anything else.

It doesnt really feel like its happening yet. I guess it wont until I start to show. Were not telling anyone till 12 weeks. I might tell my friend at work so I can get some sympathy if I get morning sickness or something. It makes it more real when someone else knows about it.

I did feel ill on the train journey yesterday. I closed my eyes and all of a sudden felt like I was gonna throw up! And it lasted for about 30 min! It was horrible.

I also told everyone that I was on a January detox which is great coz my Irish friend at work who always makes me go for drinks is on a Jan detox as well and might make it last till Valentines Day. Maybe Ill turn it into a contest with him. Then I guess Feb 20th, Ill be 12 weeks (Yikes! I cant even imagine) and then I can start telling people. In confidence as I dont really want everyone at work to know right away at least until I cant hide it anymore.

I am getting excited about it, I guess its a huge thing to look forward to. Nick thinks his life is over.

So I guess it's still kinda sinking in.

No comments: