Thursday, 2 April 2009

Name Game

Whenever someone was having a baby I thought it was so much fun to ramble off some names I liked. You never know, they may actually like one. (Its never actually happened but you never know). I try to suggest some different ones, you know, not the plain ones I was talking about in the previous post. I would never suggest say, Mary, to them. For the mere fact that they know the name Mary exists. They see it everywhere, generations have been using this name. Why would I suggest it?? Suggest a name like Apple or Moses (classic examples) that will at least ensue a reaction.

The names we really like we decided to not tell anyone what they are. Mostly because everyone has an opinion on names. For instance, Cody is nice but I went to school with a Cody and he was a total brat & a bully. So maybe nice for the name but not nice for me.

Well, I broke my rule today and told my friend I take the train with (wet-haired girl) and her roomate thinking that of course they would really like the name since I do. The roomate goes, "Mmm, I dont like it".

Just like that.

I felt like my jaw dropped. The only time I break my rule and I get a negative response. I hope she feels dumb when I do name my baby that. Although I will always know that she doesnt like the name.

So no more! I am NEVER telling anyone ANY of the names I really like. Only the names I dont
like.

But even still when people are suggesting names to me that they like, I will still say, "mmm, I dont like it."

Unless I really do of course. But only my sister so far has been able to suggest a couple to me that I did like.

Things will never change no matter which position you are in.

When it comes down to it, whatever we do choose to name our baby will be decided and liked by me and Nick and noone can say anything after the baby's named. Right??

for now, we are calling our little surprise Pebbles.

Maybe it'll stick.

1 comment:

GraceeJ said...

You kill me Zoeanna Jasmine Kibsey!!!
You should be on a sitcom all by yourself. It would be called Zoeanna Jasmine Kibsey!!!

I like weird names too. Ray likes stupid names that are plain and spelled correctly. Absolutely not allowed to have unique spellings. I told him the other day that I like Jackson on with and X so Jaxon. And he is like "No! Absolutely not, that is the stupidest name ever!"
Well, good thing it is a hypothetical child we are naming so I can call them whatever I want ;)