Friday, 27 February 2009

Baby's Debut at 13 wks

We had our 1st scan yesterday. It was AMAZING!

Ive only ever seen them on the movies so I never imagined that you could see the baby moving around so much. As soon as she touched the ultrasound to my belly, up popped my baby on the screen. Me and Nick were both in complete awe of it.

First thing she said is that there is definitly 1 baby in there! Everyone thought we might be having twins coz of Nicks Mom being a fraternal twin. Thank God the female carries the twin gene so all of Nicks sisters (theres 3 on that side) are more likely to have twins than I am.

It was so funny coz the baby wouldnt stop moving! He/she was stretching and sitting up straight then slouching down and turning away then back again. She said it was a wriggler! Nick was a bit concerned by that thinking that the baby was in distress but she said some babies wriggle, some dont.

She pointed out his spine, beating heart, kidneys and stomach, and legs and arms and said everything looked great! (although she said baby was too small to be able to hear the heart but that my midwife will be able to hear it at my next app in 2 wks.)

We got to watch him for at least 10 min moving around everytime she poked it with the ultrasound stick. It was the coolest thing Ive ever seen and I cant believe something so small can be doing so much in my belly without me being able to feel it as well!

It was definitly more realistic for us to see that it is actually a real human baby growing in my belly. We were both so excited and on a high for the rest of the day.

I guess we can officially start telling people now!

So heres our little baby, in all its glory. Perfectly safe.

2 comments:

me and m said...

very cute. I see the resemblence.
Perhaps the next famous football player!

FYI - you totally can hear the heartbeat by then...so what she really meant was that they didn't have audio.

GraceeJ said...

Aw, I can see Nick and Zoe in that little baby! So cute!!!! I love it! Must be so much more realistic now...