Nicks got a good group of guy friends, all from elementary school. They tend to follow eachother in life changing decisions...so Ive noticed. If one moves in with their girlfriend, another one feels they haveto. Theyre all turned/turning 30 around this time and theyre all acting as if they are 20! This is when the domino effect happens. So far, only 1 is getting married this May, 3 have moved in with their girlfriends (including us) and...sadly, thats it...until now.
So weve broken the news to all of them. Everyone took it really well and theyre all really excited. Or panicked to think that theyre all growing up. Thing I feel bad about is, Nicks best friend & his girlfriend of 3 yrs, D&A, just got engaged (which is a huge step for these boys). Everyone was over the moon. Then a week later, we come out with our news. Have we overshadowed them a bit? Possibly. So instead of them having their engagement party, SHE SUGGESTED that we have a joint engagement/baby party.
I know I shouldnt feel bad (especially considering that she suggested it) but I do. For one, D&A chose to get engaged whereas Nick, was forced into having a baby. Oh well, we were gonna tell them all after the scan anyway, which we did, so Im erasing all feelings of guilt from here on.
I also attended Cara's baby shower on Sunday. There were 4 pregnant girls there. Michelle is 4 days ahead of me, tall & slim like me, and weve got the exact same bump! So that was pretty cool. It will be exciting to compare our progress. Cara is also 31 weeks and I got to feel her baby's leg move while my sister was feeling for what position he/she was in.
I also havent told my boss. Even though a few people at work are speculating. Hes back from his 2 1/2 week holiday and I was going to tell him but I want to find out more about these redundancies and when these 80 interviews are happening. He doesnt think it will be for a couple of months so I might tell him at the end of this week or next in case I get some useful information. Its annoying trying to hide it although today my belly feels quite flat and Im feeling really good so its weird to think anything is out of the norm.
I am also quite forgetful. Pretty stupid actually. Procrastinating and forgetting conversations even before their over!! Seriously, they dont call it pregnancy brain for nothin.
This is also the last day of my 1st trimester. Whoo! Im still a bit confused coz some people say week 13 is the start of the 2nd and others say week 14 is. Im pretending Week 14 is and thats how far along I will be tomorrow.
So weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment