Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Babys 1st kick

So this week they say that its now possible to feel your baby kick. Between 16-20 wks. Although these first time movements are described as fluttering like gas or bubbles and you can feel these sensations without realizing that it is your baby’s movements.

But they also say that Some first time mothers might not be aware of the baby’s movements till 20 weeks or more. If you have a thick uterus, are overweight, or this is your first pregnancy, you may not feel these first movements yet.

Well, the other day I did have some indigestion and could feel gas or bubbles in my bowels all day but at one point I felt something else kind of just underneath the skin and I almost think that couldve been my baby! I asked my sister about it and she said she felt her first kick at 17 wks and lo and behold Im 17 wks tomorrow. And this happened 2 days ago.

Also when I was sleeping that night (pretty restlessly) I felt it again, although I couldve been dreaming coz it was in the same spot but I felt pretty awake.

So...Im paying close attention to every little movement from here on.

My belly is really starting to pop out as well.

How cute is this? In or out of the womb, babies are playful creatures. Yours may already have discovered his first toy -- the umbilical cord -- which he'll enjoy pulling and grabbing. Sometime she may even clutch it so tight that less oxygen gets through, but don't worry -- he doesn't hold onto it long enough to harm himself.

No comments: