Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Meeting the Midwife

Me and Nick went to our 1st midwife appointment today. Her name is Aylish and shes an older Irish lady and soooo nice! Her and Nick were cracking jokes and everything. It was just basic health questions and blood tests and being weighed. I had to buy a scale coz our electric one (in lbs) was crap and didnt work and I could only get one in kgs/stones. I use pounds and am not good at converting. So if I started out as 130lbs that made me 9st 4lbs. I am now 10 stone which makes me....drum roll please...140lbs! (Most Ive ever been in my life!) So I have put on 10lbs. I knew eating like a horse would pay off!

The midwife kept commenting on how skinny I was as well.

Im not that skinny. Sort of.

She was able to find the heartbeat of my baby (our baby) and we all got to hear it. It was so cool and I kept on looking over at Nick to see his expression. I think he thought I was going to cry but as cool as it was, the scan was a bit cooler by the mere fact that we got to watch our baby move around for about 10 min. But the heartbeat was pretty cool too.

So its Spring and starting to warm up so I rode my bike in today after the appointment and it was so warm! I cant wait to get started on my plants! Everyone always asks me if I should be riding my bike. Of course I should be. I love riding and it will be the only form of exercise I get...beside walking. As if walking to the station for 10 min is exercise! I guess I just have to be extra careful coz its not just me that could get hurt. Theres 2 of us to take care of now.

I forgot to say, when I told my friend Sam at work she commented on how domestic it will make me and next thing I know, Ill be emailing home and asking my mother for her pickle recipe.

Thing is, I actually did email home about 2 wks ago asking my mom just that!! Come to think of it, she never sent it. Mom!

Mom and Mandy are going to book flights for around the 25th of August so they can be here for the birth. Hopefully they dont miss it! I really want them both to be here for it.

Im/We are also considering a home birth. My pregnancy has been complication free so far so if this keeps up, we shouldnt have a problem. The hospital is pretty close anyway so if need be, I can change my mind on the day. I was a home birth so would be nice to keep up the tradition.
Im 15 wks tomorrow. I cant believe how fast this is going.

No comments: